Why do I need a health coach?
The goal of health coaching is to make positive changes and lifestyle choices that can enhance your wellness and lower your risk of chronic disease. Health coaching may be right for you if you:
- Need to stop smoking
- Need to lose or maintain weight
- Want to get started on an exercise plan
- Struggle with stress, anxiety, or depression
- Are at risk of developing a chronic disease
- Have a chronic condition, such as diabetes or hypertension
Or maybe you’re already living your best life and are generally healthy. Your health coach can help you stay motivated and hold you accountable for maintaining your good habits.
What happens during a health coaching session?
Spruce Medical Group Shawn Hamilton MD provides personalized health coaching services for men and women of all ages. During your appointment, you meet with your dedicated health coach who sits and has a conversation with you. Depending on your health history and any concerns you may have, your health coaching session can include:
- Exercise planning
- Dietary counseling
- Weight loss management
- Disease-specific education
- Smoking cessation solutions
- Meditation and stress-reduction techniques
If you do need to lose weight or are struggling with toning up stubborn parts of your body, your health coach can also talk with you about WarmSculpting™ with SculpSure® treatments. This noninvasive body contouring platform permanently destroys fat from targeted areas, which can help you stay motivated throughout your weight management journey*.